Yasin Arafat, the central president of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that the main objective of independence is to establish national unity, democracy, good governance and social justice. But after 46 years of victory, we were unable to achieve that goal due to the politics of vengeance and partition. It has been proved today that the country's desired welfare is not possible without moral and able leadership. Our goals are many. We are determined to make the sacrifice of that blood count.
In a joint statement, the central president Yasin Arafat and secretary general Dr. Mobarak Hossain ordered all activists of all levels to take part in this program and said that they should participate in the Victory Day program with highest possible responsibility. The Shibir president said, due to the moral-less political position, real victory has not been achieved even after so many years of independence. This political emptiness must be met by the ideals of Islamic values. The ethical-oriented ideological leadership efforts need to be intensified. For greater welfare of country and nation, everyone will have to build greater national unity by avoiding the politics of vengeance, revenge and divide. Everyone must be firmly vigilant to make the achievement of victory meaningful.
This year, on 16th December, the central organization has adopted "Monthly Victory Day Program" to build a prosperous Bangladesh amidst the 46th Victory Day.
1. Rally and discussion meeting on the occasion of Victory Day
2. Visiting martyred freedom fighters graveyards, Qur'an Khani and Prayer.
3. Helping families of wounded freedom fighters.
4. Reception with the freedom fighters and their children.
5. Contact with Freedom Fighters families
6. Distribution of educational materials among the freedom fighter's children.
7. Free treatment for freedom fighters families.
8. Distribution of educational materials among the poor and the meritorious
9. Composition, quiz and sports competitions.
10. Distribution of food to orphans and street children.
11. Free blood grouping
12. Blood Donation
13. Medical camp
14. Cleanliness campaign in the educational institution.
15. Cultural programs, poetry readings and wall paintings.