As part of the International Literacy Day, Bangladesh IslamiChhatraShibir declared a fortnightly literacy campaign from 8-22 September, 2016.
While declaring the inauguration of the nationwide programme. Shibir Central President Atiqur Rahman and Secretary General YasinArafathin a joint statement, said, “The world is advancing every day. And among the main issues behind the advancement is education. The main reason behind our backwardness is illiteracy. Illiteracy is a big problem, but it is not permanent. It is possible to get over this obstacle within a short time through the combined effort of all involved. ChhatraShibir has been involved in efforts to build a beautiful, peaceful and developed nation since its inception, and it has continued such efforts despite all obstacles.”
They further stated, “Bangladesh IslamiChhatraShibir, like every year, has declared the commencement of a fortnightlyliteracy campaign as part of International Literacy Day. We ask all personnel to come forward and and prioritize contribution in order to make this effort a success, as per capacity. As the same time, we call upon people of all walks of life to come forwards and help in the effort to create an illiteracy-free nation.”
The following programmes are declared as aspects of the fortnightly literacy campaign,
1. Every personnel to give knowledge of the alphabet to an illiterate person.
2. Temporary literacy camp at every sub-branch/unit.
3. Priority to street children and worker class illiterate persons while teaching the alphabet.
4. Distribution of notebooks, stationary items such as pencil, chalk, duster, board and bornomala(alphabet) books among street children, workers and the less-educated.
5. Emphasis on teaching of aged persons.
- Trees make our country green; our Bengal gold
- Shibir to stand besides flood affected people
- Tree-Plantation Drive 2016
- Warm Cloth Distribution Program 2015