Protest statement against the arrest of 11 leaders including Jamaat-e-Islami acting Amir and demand for their immediate release
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has issued a statement in protest of the arrest of 11 leaders, including acting Amir of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami Professor Mujibur Rahman, and demanded their immediate release.
In a joint statement, Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain said the government has arrested Jamaat-e-Islami leaders, including Jamaat-e-Islami Acting Ameer Professor Mujibur Rahman, for the purpose of taking advantage and inflaming political vendetta. For a democratic country, the political repression of this illegal government has broken all records of the past. In the end, they are not even hesitant to arrest the top leadership of the country's prominent political party from their homes, the example of which is the arrest of the top leadership of Jamaat-e-Islami from an in-house meeting in Rajshahi city. Such arrests of elderly politicians of a traditional political party will remain an example of immoral politics in the political history of this country. Through this inhuman and fascist behavior, the illegal government has cut off the culture of political sympathy and goodwill, and exposed its political bankruptcy.
The leaders also said that the common people are not being spared from the ill acts of the government and the police. Corruption, rape, tender-grabbing, and extortion have become a routine task. The government, after failing miserably, has tried to shift the people's attention the other way through suppression of the political leaders and activists of the opposition in different ways. This hateful conspiracy to eliminate the Islamic movement by the fascist government will never be successful.
The leaders said, the government should remember that Jamaat-e-Islami is a systematic and law-abiding political party of Bangladesh. Jamaat-e-Islami continues to follow the laws of the country, the constitution and the conventional rules to manage its party programs. There was a representation of Jamaat-e-Islami in each of the fair national elections in Bangladesh. Arbitrary arrests of top-level leaders of such a party is akin to the disruption of the constitutional and democratic political tradition of the country. Among the arrested people are the leaders of the top political parties in the country, who are a representation of the innocent and true popular leadership of the country. The government has committed an extreme wrong by arresting them. We hope the government will have come to its senses and free the arrested leadership immediately, bringing about political goodwill and tolerance by ensuring stability and continuing the country's democratic process.
The leaders urged the government to immediately release the arrested Jamaat leaders.
- Strong condemnation and protest at arrest of 40 Shibir activists from Noakhali alongside arms haul drama
- Effective steps should be taken to teach Bangla language to the street-children and the under privileged people
- We have to take effective measures to prevent the distortion of Bangla language
- Oppressors should be uprooted through from inspiration of the Language Day spirit: Shibir Secretary General
- Statement against attack by BCL at Chittagong University and demand for the arrest of terrorists
- We have to make ourselves qualified to establish the Deen
- We have to raise ourselves to the highest standards of morality
- Education Minister should resign immediately: Shibir
- Question paper leaks part of deep conspiracy to destroy education system
- Speech of honourable Central President on occasion of anniversary