Chhatra Shibir setup session of the year 2018 complete
President: Mohammad Yasin Arafat
Secretary General: Mobarak Hossain
The election of the Central President and the selection of the Secretary general for Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir for the year 2018 has been completed. Mohammad Yasin Arafat has been reelected as the central president by the votes of the members of the organisation throughout the country in an online voting process and Mobarak Hossain has been re-selected as the secretary general.
The result was announced on 25th December by Chief Election Commissioner of Shibir, Professor Tasnim Alam, who announced the name of the newly elected central president at the central executive council meeting of Shibir supervised by Assistant Election Commissioner Matiur Rahman Akand at Shaheed Abdul Malek Auditorium in the city on Monday. Following the announcement, the chief election commissioner Prof. Taslim Alam gave the oath to the newly elected president
From 23-24 December, 2017, the votes of the Central Presidential election were simultaneously accepted online from members across the country. After the scheduled time, followed by the counting of the votes, the results were announced. As per the rules of the constitution of Chhatra Shibir, the central president consulted the Central Executive Council and re-appointed Mobarak Hossain as Secretary General for the 2018 session.
The newly elected Central President Yasin Arafat had previously served as Shibir Dhaka Metropolitan East President, Central HRD Secretary, Literary Affairs Secretary, Office Secretary, Secretary General in 2016, and Central President in the 2017 session.
The newly nominated Secretary General Mobarak Hossain was the President of Rajshahi University, the Central Education Secretary, the Literary Affairs Secretary, the Office Secretary and the Secretary-General of the 2017 session.
It can be noted that the newly elected president has finished his honors, and masters from the University of Dhaka, and is currently doing his MPhil. On the other hand, Secretary General Mobarak Hossain earned a PhD degree from Shri J.J.T University from Rajasthan, after completing his BBA from Rajshahi University, MBA from Northern University, and LLB from City University. He is currently studying about Cost and Management Accounting (CMA).
Former Central President and Ameer of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami Dhaka Metropolitan North Selim Uddin, former Central President Atiqur Rahman and members of the Central Executive Council were present in the meeting.
- The government and the wealthy must come forward to help cold affected people
- Stand beside the cold affected people for humanitarian reasons
- Monthly Human Rights Monitoring Report, December – 2017
- The country is heading towards a failing state due to the misrule of the government
- Distribute at least one warm cloth this winter - Shibir president
- The meritorious students will have to come forward to build a prosperous Bangladesh
- We must continue on the path of truth - Shibir Secretary-General
- The government and the wealthy will have to come forward to alleviate sufferings of cold-affected poor
- The Muslim world must be united to protect Jerusalem
- There is no alternative to the ideology of the Prophet (SAW) for establishing world peace