Protest against arrest of Akramul Hasan, general secretary of Chhatra Dal
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has strongly condemned and protested the arrest of Akramul Hasan, general secretary of Bangladesh Nationalist Party's central body.
Chhatra Shibir central president Yasin Arafat and secretary general Mobarak Hossain said in a joint protest statement that police arrested him without any reason from the front of the National Press Club at 12 noon as part of political vendetta. It's a cowardly act. Where the Chhatra League has enforced the rule of rape and terrorism across the country, without arresting the criminals identified there, the student leader Akramul Hasan was arrested and the illegal government and administration revealed their own moral bankruptcy. By arresting the top leader of a student organization in this manner, the government has set up another shameful precedent in the politics of the country.
The leaders said that all arrested activists of Chhatra Dal and Chhatra Shibir, including Akramul Hasan, must be released immediately and unconditionally. The student society will not accept such unfair treatment of student leaders. The leaders urged the administration to abstain from such unfair arrests in the future.
- The government and the wealthy must come forward to help cold affected people
- Stand beside the cold affected people for humanitarian reasons
- Monthly Human Rights Monitoring Report, December – 2017
- The country is heading towards a failing state due to the misrule of the government
- Chhatra Shibir setup session of the year 2018 complete
- Distribute at least one warm cloth this winter - Shibir president
- The meritorious students will have to come forward to build a prosperous Bangladesh
- We must continue on the path of truth - Shibir Secretary-General
- The government and the wealthy will have to come forward to alleviate sufferings of cold-affected poor
- The Muslim world must be united to protect Jerusalem