Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
Yasin Arafat, the central president of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that the progress and development of a country is achieved based on education. But the current education system of the country is frustrating. The government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students.
He said this while speaking as the chief guest at a program for leaders working in the College unit organized by Chhatra Shibir at an auditorium in the capital Dhaka. The program was presided over by Central College Secretary Maruful Islam, and among those present were former central president Dr Fakhruddin Manik, Abdul Jabbar and other central and metropolitan leaders.
The Shibir president said that it is the responsibility of the government to take all measures to ensure that the proper environment of education is being implemented. But the misery of the nation is that the education system of the country is under threat in the face of incompetent and unjust people. The students of Dhaka University (DU) affiliated 7 colleges have been protesting for a long time for their examinations and results, but the government and the Dhaka University authorities have ignored them. Instead, the police attacked such a procession and in the process, blinded the innocent Titumir College meritorious student Siddiqur Rahman. Till date, the demands of the students have not been met. The students have chosen the streets and left their reading table. Moreover, their demands are completely logical and supportive of education. Likewise, the student community has expressed full support for their claims. The government, instead of addressing the demands, has made the situation worse. This proves that the government wants to spoil the education environment by ignoring fair demands.
He further said, the government is playing with the lives of the students. The University authorities have shown the utmost failure in failing to display results or setting the schedule of examinations. Negative situations may result from the government neglecting the rights of students, which does not bring good to anyone. Chhatra Shibir has always stood beside the students in their movement for their rights. It will stand beside the student community in the future as well to campaign for their fair demands. The government should immediately withdraw all legal cases and hurdles against the students, and work to release the quick results and the dates of the test. Students must be sent back to the campus to ensure proper environment of education.
He told the college representatives that Shibir was committed to building the next generation as worthy and morally strong. We will have to reach out to the campus students for spreading the Quran's message. Despite a thousand obstacles, the main force behind our progress is the characteristic charm of the activists of Chhatra Shibir. Every responsible worker must work to understand the Quran and implement it in his own life.
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
- The progress of the Islamic movement cannot be stopped through arrest and torture
- Statement mourning the death of Shibir leader Saiful Islam Shafi due to road accident
- The world community needs to come forward to face the Rohingya crisis
- Illegal government continues fascist behaviour even during the country's crisis
- Importance and need of World Literacy Day in developing illiterate-free society