Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
Yasin Arafat, the central president of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that the educational institutions in many flood-affected areas of the country are still in sad condition, which is negatively affecting the students. Therefore, effective measures should be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas.
He said this while speaking as the chief guest at the distribution of education materials among students affected by floods, organized by Thakurgaon District of Chhatra Shibir. The event was presided over by district President Rajiur Rahman Raju and Secretary Saiful Islam, and was attended by the special guest, Central Publicity Secretary Salauddin Ayyubi.
The Shibir president said, the situation in the flood affected areas had not improved despite the passage of a long time. Flooding had destroyed the infrastructure of huge roads, houses and educational institutions. Education materials including books and notes of students have been lost in the flood. For a long time, the students have not been able to go to school. As a result, students are susceptible towards getting involved in adverse activities. Thus the education environment needs to be revived for the students by providing them with books and education, and the educational institutions need to be rebuilt and repaired. If necessary, to compensate for losses, the government should announce a special program for the flood affected students.
He said that since the beginning, the Central Relief Committee of Shibir has managed relief operations in collaboration with the flood victims and their needs. They have been providing relief through home repair, road repair, and medical team formation providing free medical service. Especially, education materials and relief have been distributed among the students among the flood affected students. Shibir has been carrying out these activities with special care. Insha Allah, such activities by Shibir will continue in the future.
- The government and the wealthy will have to come forward to alleviate sufferings of cold-affected poor
- The Muslim world must be united to protect Jerusalem
- There is no alternative to the ideology of the Prophet (SAW) for establishing world peace
- Concerted efforts should be made to ease the sufferings of the victims
- November-2017 Monthly Human Rights Watch Report
- We are firmly committed to making the attained victory meaningful -Shibir president
- Destruction of future generations is being carried out through question paper leaks
- College university students are being forced towards waywardness in a planned manner
- Chhatra Shibir is working on making honest, efficient and patriotic leaders
- Protest against arrest of Akramul Hasan, general secretary of Chhatra Dal