Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
Yasin Arafat, the central president of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that the educational institutions in many flood-affected areas of the country are still in sad condition, which is negatively affecting the students. Therefore, effective measures should be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas.
He said this while speaking as the chief guest at the distribution of education materials among students affected by floods, organized by Thakurgaon District of Chhatra Shibir. The event was presided over by district President Rajiur Rahman Raju and Secretary Saiful Islam, and was attended by the special guest, Central Publicity Secretary Salauddin Ayyubi.
The Shibir president said, the situation in the flood affected areas had not improved despite the passage of a long time. Flooding had destroyed the infrastructure of huge roads, houses and educational institutions. Education materials including books and notes of students have been lost in the flood. For a long time, the students have not been able to go to school. As a result, students are susceptible towards getting involved in adverse activities. Thus the education environment needs to be revived for the students by providing them with books and education, and the educational institutions need to be rebuilt and repaired. If necessary, to compensate for losses, the government should announce a special program for the flood affected students.
He said that since the beginning, the Central Relief Committee of Shibir has managed relief operations in collaboration with the flood victims and their needs. They have been providing relief through home repair, road repair, and medical team formation providing free medical service. Especially, education materials and relief have been distributed among the students among the flood affected students. Shibir has been carrying out these activities with special care. Insha Allah, such activities by Shibir will continue in the future.
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- The progress of the Islamic movement cannot be stopped through arrest and torture
- Statement mourning the death of Shibir leader Saiful Islam Shafi due to road accident
- The world community needs to come forward to face the Rohingya crisis
- Illegal government continues fascist behaviour even during the country's crisis
- Importance and need of World Literacy Day in developing illiterate-free society