Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
Yasin Arafat, the central president of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that the educational institutions in many flood-affected areas of the country are still in sad condition, which is negatively affecting the students. Therefore, effective measures should be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas.
He said this while speaking as the chief guest at the distribution of education materials among students affected by floods, organized by Thakurgaon District of Chhatra Shibir. The event was presided over by district President Rajiur Rahman Raju and Secretary Saiful Islam, and was attended by the special guest, Central Publicity Secretary Salauddin Ayyubi.
The Shibir president said, the situation in the flood affected areas had not improved despite the passage of a long time. Flooding had destroyed the infrastructure of huge roads, houses and educational institutions. Education materials including books and notes of students have been lost in the flood. For a long time, the students have not been able to go to school. As a result, students are susceptible towards getting involved in adverse activities. Thus the education environment needs to be revived for the students by providing them with books and education, and the educational institutions need to be rebuilt and repaired. If necessary, to compensate for losses, the government should announce a special program for the flood affected students.
He said that since the beginning, the Central Relief Committee of Shibir has managed relief operations in collaboration with the flood victims and their needs. They have been providing relief through home repair, road repair, and medical team formation providing free medical service. Especially, education materials and relief have been distributed among the students among the flood affected students. Shibir has been carrying out these activities with special care. Insha Allah, such activities by Shibir will continue in the future.
- We have to raise ourselves to the highest standards of morality
- Education Minister should resign immediately: Shibir
- Question paper leaks part of deep conspiracy to destroy education system
- Speech of honourable Central President on occasion of anniversary
- Shibir condemned and protested against Khaleda Zia for five years in a false case
- Chhatra Shibir firmly resolved to fulfill the dreams of the people of the country
- 6th February '18 Shaheedi Caravan Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir's 41st founding anniversary
- Chhatra Shibir has become a symbol of hope for nation through constructive work
- The victory of Islam must be ensured by overcoming the conspiracies of the evil forces
- The Dawah of Islam should be given to every student with patience and courage