Statement mourning the death of Shibir leader Saiful Islam Shafi due to road accident
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has expressed deep shock at the sad demise of Saiful Islam Shafi, office secretary of Chandina Upazila branch of Islami Chhatra Shibir in Comilla South.
In a joint message of condolence, Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain said that he passed away on the spot in a road accident (Innalillahi wa Inna Ilahi Rajiun). We are deeply shocked at his death. In his death, the organization has been deprived of a dedicated life and skillful leadership. The damage is irreplaceable. His sacrifice and efforts to support the Islamic movement will remain an inspirational example for us.
We pray to Allah Almighty for the forgiveness of his soul and convey our deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
- The progress of the Islamic movement cannot be stopped through arrest and torture
- The world community needs to come forward to face the Rohingya crisis
- Illegal government continues fascist behaviour even during the country's crisis
- Importance and need of World Literacy Day in developing illiterate-free society