The world community needs to come forward to face the Rohingya crisis
Mobarak Hossain, the Secretary General of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has said that the biggest crisis in the current Muslim world is the Rohingya problem, which has hurt Muslims all over the world. Thus, the world community must come forward to face the Rohingya crisis.
He said this while speaking as the chief guest at a program for advanced associates organized by the Dhaka City North Branch at an auditorium in the capital today. The program was presided over by Jamil Mahmud, President of the branch and secretary Azizul Islam Sajib, and other leaders of the city branch were also present.
The Shibir Secretary General said that the army and Buddhists of Myanmar have decided to rid Myanmar of its Muslim community. That is why Muslim women and children are being raped and genocide is being conducted in Arakan and Rakhine states. The Rohingya houses are being subject to arson every day. The Rohingya are crossing the rivers, the hills, and are passing through the jungle to cross into Bangladesh and save their lives. About 4 lakh Rohingya people have crossed into Bangladesh in less than a month, which is unprecedented. In the absence of food and water, Rohingya Muslims are living a miserable life. The international organizations have still not taken any effective action against the genocide of the Rohingya.
He said that the expectation of the Muslims today is a permanent solution to the Rohingya crisis. In this regard, the government of Bangladesh must play a key role. The government has to exert maximum effort to this end, both nationally and internationally. At the same time, it needs to promptly respond to any threat to the country's independence and sovereignty. Despite Myanmar’s repeated violation of our sovereignty, the government is not taking any effective steps. This crisis is not that of a party or a government but of the whole nation. If the government fails in any way here, the whole nation will pay the price. So there is no alternative to national unity at this moment. We hope that the government will play a responsible role, and avoid following its go-alone policy. The United Nations, OIC and the other international organizations, including the Muslim world, must play a prominent role to stop the Myanmar army's ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya Muslims. Moreover, the International Criminal Tribunal should work to bring the Myanmar army and genocide perpetrators to justice.
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
- The progress of the Islamic movement cannot be stopped through arrest and torture
- Statement mourning the death of Shibir leader Saiful Islam Shafi due to road accident
- Illegal government continues fascist behaviour even during the country's crisis
- Importance and need of World Literacy Day in developing illiterate-free society