Illegal government continues fascist behaviour even during the country's crisis
Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir has strongly condemned and protested the arrest of eight activists of Jamaat-e-Islami, including Shibir's former central president Nurul Islam Bulbul and Dr. Shafiqul Islam Masud.
Chhatra Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain in a joint protest statement, said that the government has been continuing its fascist behaviour even during the time of crisis in the country. This evening, without any reason, 8 Jamaat-e-Islami leaders, including former president of the central president Nurul Islam Bulbul and Dr. Shafiqul Islam Masud, were arrested from Jatrabari. The tyrannical government had also arrested and tortured them in previous instances for no reason. The arrest of the top leaders of a legitimate and democratic political party without any reason is a distorted form of the government's oppressive mentality. Such undemocratic arrests are not acceptable in any manner. The government, afraid of any democratic movement, is running a steam roller of oppressive action. It is from this fear that the government is unashamedly arresting the leaders of a a legitimate political party. The government is trying to recover its damaged image through creating a new image based on coercion and police torture. In the face of shameful consequences, the government has continued to repress oppression using state power.
The leadership said, the country as a whole is now crossing a transitional period. Such undemocratic behaviour on part of the government will increase the crisis. Thus, wrongdoing and injustice must be immediately stopped. The government should turn back from its evil path of the destruction of democracy and the formation of a failed state by establishing one-party rule. The democratic process must be re-opened.
The leaders urged the government to release the arrested Jamaat leaders immediately.
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
- The progress of the Islamic movement cannot be stopped through arrest and torture
- Statement mourning the death of Shibir leader Saiful Islam Shafi due to road accident
- The world community needs to come forward to face the Rohingya crisis
- Importance and need of World Literacy Day in developing illiterate-free society