The student community will have to come forward to build an illiterate-free country
Yasin Arafat, the central president of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that a prosperous Bangladesh is deserved by everybody. But one of the main obstacles to building a prosperous country is illiteracy. So, the student community has to come forward to build an illiterate-free country.
He said this while addressing the opening ceremony of literacy campaign organized by the Dhaka City Metropolitan North in the city's auditorium in an auditorium on the occasion of International Literacy Day. It was presided over by the branch president Jamil Mahmud and secretary Azizul Islam Sajib, who were present in the meeting, while Secretary General Mobarak Hossain, Office Secretary Sirajul Islam, and central and city leaders were also present.
Shibir president said the illiteracy is the main obstacle on the path to progress. Many countries of the world have achieved 100% in terms of education rate. Although education is the main contributor in the path to basic rights and progress of the people, it has not been possible to remove illiteracy in Bangladesh. It is possible to improve the country by giving this vast population the knowledge of letters. There is no alternative to educate the people to take the country forward.
He said that Shibir was moving forward with the goal of forming a prosperous Bangladesh by making qualified citizens. In this case, it is making all out efforts towards attaining 100 percent literacy. Emphasis has been laid on teaching in Islam. ‘Read’ is the first words of revelation in the Quran. In order to gain knowledge, men and women have been urged to seek education in Islam. Increasing the number of educated people decreases the chances of establishment of bad governance in society. Therefore, so that people of all walks of life will be able to acquire knowledge, we have to work in a planned manner. To make Bangladesh’s head high in the world, everyone will have to work relentlessly. For this, the next generation will have to be literate. It is possible to promote the literacy rate of the country by 100% through the combined total effort of all. Otherwise, it will not be possible to create a happy and prosperous Bangladesh, leaving the people illiterate.
- The government and the wealthy must come forward to help cold affected people
- Stand beside the cold affected people for humanitarian reasons
- Monthly Human Rights Monitoring Report, December – 2017
- The country is heading towards a failing state due to the misrule of the government
- Chhatra Shibir setup session of the year 2018 complete
- Distribute at least one warm cloth this winter - Shibir president
- The meritorious students will have to come forward to build a prosperous Bangladesh
- We must continue on the path of truth - Shibir Secretary-General
- The government and the wealthy will have to come forward to alleviate sufferings of cold-affected poor
- The Muslim world must be united to protect Jerusalem