Genocide against Muslims in Myanmar should be stopped immediately
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has strongly protested and condemned the genocide against the Rohingya Muslims by the Myanmar army and the extremists.
In a joint statement, Yasin Arafat, Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir and Mobarak Hossain, the Secretary General, said that the Myanmar army and the extremists had carried out genocide against Rohingya Muslims in response to allegations of violence by the latter against the police. Genocide had been perpetrated against the Rohingya in the previous year as well. Nobody with the least amount of humanity or civilised demeanour could have done this. Till date, the army and the extremists had killed around more than 100 innocent people. The army and the extremists had perpetuated unspeakable crimes against the Rohingyas in Rakhine – crimes against humanity, killing of children, rape of women, burning of households, locking people in their homes and burning them down. Many Muslims have become victim of these crimes, among whom are a lot of women and children, which is a completely planned killing and a violation of human rights. This oppression by the Myanmar government has been ongoing for the past three decades. Hundreds of thousands of Rohingya lead miserable lives as a result. The very fact that this planned genocide is occurring with a Nobel Peace Laureate at the helm of the country leadership has shocked and angered the world.
The leadership said, in the meantime, the news and images of this genocide has spread throughout the international media, and the peaceful people of the world have been angered. The United Nations, however, has not taken any effective steps to address the issue. The OIC has also not taken any effective steps in the issue, which is akin to silent support for the killing and oppression. The Muslim world cannot stay silent at this juncture.
We immediately demand an end to this genocide, and demand that the Myanmar government return the citizen rights of the Muslim Rohingya. At the same time, we ask the people worldwide, the UN and the rights groups to take effective steps against this barbaric oppression. At the same time, we ask the Bangladesh government to levy pressure onto the Myanmar government and take the side of the oppressed Muslims. The world needs to take quick steps to tackle the Muslim Rohingya crisis.
- The government and the wealthy must come forward to help cold affected people
- Stand beside the cold affected people for humanitarian reasons
- Monthly Human Rights Monitoring Report, December – 2017
- The country is heading towards a failing state due to the misrule of the government
- Chhatra Shibir setup session of the year 2018 complete
- Distribute at least one warm cloth this winter - Shibir president
- The meritorious students will have to come forward to build a prosperous Bangladesh
- We must continue on the path of truth - Shibir Secretary-General
- The government and the wealthy will have to come forward to alleviate sufferings of cold-affected poor
- The Muslim world must be united to protect Jerusalem