Oppression and Propaganda should be answered with ideals
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that the conspirators against the Islamic movement were planning new ways to conspire after their repeated failures. They have opted to carry out torture and oppression against the members of the Islamic movement in order to hide their dismal failures. Propaganda itself is one type of oppression, and the members of the Islamic movement should answer this oppression and propaganda with ideals.
He said this at a Shibir member associate program held in an auditorium in Dhaka, where he was the chief guest. The program was supervised by Central Office Secretary Sirajul Islam, and was attended by special guest Secretary General Mobarak Hossain. Other guests at the program included Central Literature Secretary Shah Mohammad Mahfuzul Haque, and Madrassah Affairs Secretary Masuk Ahmed.
The President said, those who choose to stay blind in front of the light of Islam, are the ones who have chosen the path of oppression after having failed. They are the ones who are perpetuating oppression upon the members of the Islamic movement. The activists of the Islamic movement in this country are victims of state terror, and the state apparatus has been used to perpetuate oppression and injustice upon the activists of the Islamic movement, which still continues today. Apart from injustice, propaganda is being meted out against the Islamic movement as well, which is used to deprive people from the benefits in Islam.
He further said, Chhatra Shibir holds an eternal truth, and that is that it does not stop in the face of any threats, propaganda or oppression. Despite the hundreds of obstacles, Shibir continues to challenge these obstacles through good character, patience, perseverance, courage, cleverness and ideals, and calling the student community to the right path. At present, the conspirators use social media to spread their lies and propaganda, but one should not be fooled by such propaganda, and should not engage in useless debate. We should go forward with self-confidence and Islam in our hearts to answer the conspirators and their evil schemes and succeed insha allah.
- Nation is falling behind every day due to lack of morality in meritorious citizens
- Chhatra Shibir’s establishment was the need of time
- World community needs to take effective measures to save Muslims facing genocide in Myanmar
- Strong protest and condemnation of attack on peaceful demonstrations and arrest of activists and leaders
- Stop genocide against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
- No alternative to creative publications to stop flooding of foreign culture in Bangladesh
- No Alternative to Moral Education to Prevent Social Degradation
- Religious Minorities in Bangladesh victims of heinous Awami politics
- Continuous intellectual development is necessary to establish a prosperous nation
- 28 October is an image of ruthlessness in independent Bangladesh