Social degradation due to moral-less education system
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that the development and progress of a nation depends upon its education system. The various hair-raising and shameful evil incidents happening regularly in this country are an indication of social degradation. This crisis is mainly due to the moral-less education system.
He said this at a scholarship distribution program for meritorious students on the occasion of 15th August Education Day and the declaration of National Education Week organised by Dhaka City West, where he was the chief guest. Mojahidul Islam, the unit President, presided over the program, and special guest included Khalid Mahmud, the Central Publicity Secretary.
The Shibir President said, the main problem in Bangladesh education sector is lack of a system to create moral individual citizens, due to which sexual torture, teacher beating, student killing and terror and extortion have spread throughout the country. An education system which does not have a proper manifestation of one’s history, culture, civilisation, religious values and morals, cannot be an education system that creates good human beings. To get that civilised citizen, there should be moral and religious education. Since independence, the education system has failed to do this. Moreover, the present education system has not shown enough importance to the religious beliefs and tenets of the faith of the majority of the people. A religion-less policy has been followed to make textbooks that forego the issue of the Islam, making the next generation atheist and paganist in belief. Shaheed Abdul Malek had predicted this issue many years ago, and this is turning out to be true.
On the other hand, some student organisations, instead of remedying this, are busy trying to use power to control and gain more power, foregoing their morality for the sake of their lust of power. Presently, Chhatra League President asked his followers to take the law into their own hands and attack, which has led to violence across the country at the hands of the Chhatra League. Various campuses are being bloodied. He has to bear the responsibility of this violence and vandalism, and face justice in time.
The Shibir President further said, Chhatra Shibir is duty bound to present a future generation which is moral and religious, in order to establish a prosperous Bangladesh. And Chhatra Shibir is keen on succeeding in that. The meritorious intellectuals bear the most responsibility to create a prosperous country, so their role is important. Shibir is trying its best to transform every intellectual into a country serving resource and good citizen. This initiative to replace the current failed education system with an Islamic one, and the creation of effective resourceful intellectuals will continue in the future by the grace of the Almighty.
- Protest statement against the arrest of 11 leaders including Jamaat-e-Islami acting Amir and demand for their immediate release
- Statement of condolence at death of associate Farhad Hossain in road accident
- Chhatra Shibir congratulates win of Bangladesh cricket team against Sri Lankan Cricket team
- Strong condemnation and protest at arrest of 40 Shibir activists from Noakhali alongside arms haul drama
- The Muslim world must unite to stop genocide of civilians including women and children in Syria
- Effective steps should be taken to teach Bangla language to the street-children and the under privileged people
- We have to take effective measures to prevent the distortion of Bangla language
- Oppressors should be uprooted through from inspiration of the Language Day spirit: Shibir Secretary General
- Statement against attack by BCL at Chittagong University and demand for the arrest of terrorists
- We have to make ourselves qualified to establish the Deen