Social degradation due to moral-less education system
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that the development and progress of a nation depends upon its education system. The various hair-raising and shameful evil incidents happening regularly in this country are an indication of social degradation. This crisis is mainly due to the moral-less education system.
He said this at a scholarship distribution program for meritorious students on the occasion of 15th August Education Day and the declaration of National Education Week organised by Dhaka City West, where he was the chief guest. Mojahidul Islam, the unit President, presided over the program, and special guest included Khalid Mahmud, the Central Publicity Secretary.
The Shibir President said, the main problem in Bangladesh education sector is lack of a system to create moral individual citizens, due to which sexual torture, teacher beating, student killing and terror and extortion have spread throughout the country. An education system which does not have a proper manifestation of one’s history, culture, civilisation, religious values and morals, cannot be an education system that creates good human beings. To get that civilised citizen, there should be moral and religious education. Since independence, the education system has failed to do this. Moreover, the present education system has not shown enough importance to the religious beliefs and tenets of the faith of the majority of the people. A religion-less policy has been followed to make textbooks that forego the issue of the Islam, making the next generation atheist and paganist in belief. Shaheed Abdul Malek had predicted this issue many years ago, and this is turning out to be true.
On the other hand, some student organisations, instead of remedying this, are busy trying to use power to control and gain more power, foregoing their morality for the sake of their lust of power. Presently, Chhatra League President asked his followers to take the law into their own hands and attack, which has led to violence across the country at the hands of the Chhatra League. Various campuses are being bloodied. He has to bear the responsibility of this violence and vandalism, and face justice in time.
The Shibir President further said, Chhatra Shibir is duty bound to present a future generation which is moral and religious, in order to establish a prosperous Bangladesh. And Chhatra Shibir is keen on succeeding in that. The meritorious intellectuals bear the most responsibility to create a prosperous country, so their role is important. Shibir is trying its best to transform every intellectual into a country serving resource and good citizen. This initiative to replace the current failed education system with an Islamic one, and the creation of effective resourceful intellectuals will continue in the future by the grace of the Almighty.
- Condemnation and protest against arrest of former Chittagong Shibir leader and conspiracy to involve with arms case
- Its urgent to turn tree planting into a social movement
- There is no alternative to planting trees to preserve natural and environmental balance
- Talented people are the resources of the country - Shibir Secretary-General
- Government resorting to repression in fair demand movement by students
- Build public opinion for honest and worthy candidates to build Islamic society
- Arrest, torture or oppression will not stop the progress of the Islamic movement
- Eid joy has faded in many families due to arrest and torture by government
- Chhatra Shibir congratulates Erdoğan on re-election in Turkey's presidential election and on AK Party led coalition winning parliamentary elections
- Eid joy has faded in many families due to arrest and torture by government - Shibir President