The Islamic movement cannot be suppressed through oppression or torture
Yasin Arafat, the President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that the members of the Islamic movement are fearless and always ready to sacrifice in any capacity while advancing along the path of the Deen. Therefore the Islamic movement cannot be supressed through oppression, false accusations or torture.
He said these at the monthly Chhatra Shibir Secretariat meeting held at an auditorium at the capital, where he gave the President’s speech. The program was supervised by the Secretary General Mobarak Hossain and attended by other members from the Secretariat.
The Shibir President said, the level of oppression that an illegal government is forcing down upon a regular student movement is unprecedented. The administration, police and the top levels in the government are regularly giving false accusations against Shibir, making Shibir the main reason behind everything everywhere. But the people clearly understand this as part of the political vendetta by the government, and has become hilarious matter among the common people. The more the oppression gets tightened against Shibir, the more the level of iman within Shibir members will increase.
He said to the government, stop the oppression and the arrests and false accusations. Please remove the elements of terror within the educational institutions to return the education environment there. Return the rights and freedoms of speech within the civilised society. Our members and leaders will answer all your instances of oppression through patience, braveness and in an orderly manner. Chhatra Shibir will not bow down to any pressure or bad publicity. We will go forward by building a Quranic society and face all obstacles towards creation of a prosperous Bangladesh.
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
- The progress of the Islamic movement cannot be stopped through arrest and torture
- Statement mourning the death of Shibir leader Saiful Islam Shafi due to road accident
- The world community needs to come forward to face the Rohingya crisis
- Illegal government continues fascist behaviour even during the country's crisis