Death of Chapai Nawabganj City Unit member Abdullah Sarwar
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has expressed deep sorrow at the demise of Chapai Nawabganj City Unit member Abdullah Sarwar, 2nd year honours meritorious student.
In a joint statement, Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain said, the deceased passed away on the 5th of July while in his sleep (Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raajioon). In his organisational life, he conducted his duties in various positions including the basic Uposakha unit to various other important positions of leadership. In his death, the organisation has lost a dedicated and able worker and possible leadership in the process. His efforts to fight the evil forces and forward the forces of the Islamic movement will remain an example for us.
We pray for the forgiveness of his soul, and express our deepest condolences to his bereaved family members.
- Protest statement against the arrest of 11 leaders including Jamaat-e-Islami acting Amir and demand for their immediate release
- Statement of condolence at death of associate Farhad Hossain in road accident
- Chhatra Shibir congratulates win of Bangladesh cricket team against Sri Lankan Cricket team
- Strong condemnation and protest at arrest of 40 Shibir activists from Noakhali alongside arms haul drama
- The Muslim world must unite to stop genocide of civilians including women and children in Syria
- Effective steps should be taken to teach Bangla language to the street-children and the under privileged people
- We have to take effective measures to prevent the distortion of Bangla language
- Oppressors should be uprooted through from inspiration of the Language Day spirit: Shibir Secretary General
- Statement against attack by BCL at Chittagong University and demand for the arrest of terrorists
- We have to make ourselves qualified to establish the Deen