Lessons of Ramadan must be applied to overcome social discrimination
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that social discrimination is presently becoming a serious issue in Bangladesh. However, that is totally unexpected in Muslim majority Bangladesh. To overcome this problem, the lessons of the month of Ramadan must be applied.
He said this at an Eid gifts distribution program among poor and meritorious students at Nangalkot, Comilla, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by Nangalkot Sadar Unit President Sirajum Munir, and attended by other guests Comilla Ciy Unit President Shahadat Hossain, South Zila President Shadat Hossain, Zila Secretary Jobaer Foysal, Nangalkot North President Belayet Hossain, Nangalkot South President Mohammad Ibrahim Hasan and other local leaders.
The Shibir President said that the time of fasting is a time for helping the society, and expressing solidarity and sympathy with the underprivileged. It is the nature of fasting that the rich and poor fast and pray together in peaceful coexistence. Ramadan is the perfect time to understand the hardships of the downtrodden and underprivileged people of the society. It gives people the impetus to rise above differences, help each other and work towards creating a discrimination free society
- Importance and need of World Literacy Day in developing illiterate-free society
- The student community will have to come forward to build an illiterate-free country
- World community needs to take quick measures to stop genocide against Muslims in Myanmar
- Government must take effective steps to bring back education environment in flood affected areas
- Genocide against Muslims in Myanmar should be stopped immediately
- Declare flood affected northern areas disaster zones to take emergency measures to prevent crisis
- Appeal to stand beside flood affected people
- Strong condemnation of IGP false remarks regarding Chhatrashibir
- Social degradation due to moral-less education system
- Chhatra League is giving inflammatory speech against Chhatra Shibir to hide its own mischief