Lessons of Ramadan must be applied to overcome social discrimination
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that social discrimination is presently becoming a serious issue in Bangladesh. However, that is totally unexpected in Muslim majority Bangladesh. To overcome this problem, the lessons of the month of Ramadan must be applied.
He said this at an Eid gifts distribution program among poor and meritorious students at Nangalkot, Comilla, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by Nangalkot Sadar Unit President Sirajum Munir, and attended by other guests Comilla Ciy Unit President Shahadat Hossain, South Zila President Shadat Hossain, Zila Secretary Jobaer Foysal, Nangalkot North President Belayet Hossain, Nangalkot South President Mohammad Ibrahim Hasan and other local leaders.
The Shibir President said that the time of fasting is a time for helping the society, and expressing solidarity and sympathy with the underprivileged. It is the nature of fasting that the rich and poor fast and pray together in peaceful coexistence. Ramadan is the perfect time to understand the hardships of the downtrodden and underprivileged people of the society. It gives people the impetus to rise above differences, help each other and work towards creating a discrimination free society
- The government and the wealthy must come forward to help cold affected people
- Stand beside the cold affected people for humanitarian reasons
- Monthly Human Rights Monitoring Report, December – 2017
- The country is heading towards a failing state due to the misrule of the government
- Chhatra Shibir setup session of the year 2018 complete
- Distribute at least one warm cloth this winter - Shibir president
- The meritorious students will have to come forward to build a prosperous Bangladesh
- We must continue on the path of truth - Shibir Secretary-General
- The government and the wealthy will have to come forward to alleviate sufferings of cold-affected poor
- The Muslim world must be united to protect Jerusalem