Lessons of Ramadan must be applied to overcome social discrimination
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that social discrimination is presently becoming a serious issue in Bangladesh. However, that is totally unexpected in Muslim majority Bangladesh. To overcome this problem, the lessons of the month of Ramadan must be applied.
He said this at an Eid gifts distribution program among poor and meritorious students at Nangalkot, Comilla, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by Nangalkot Sadar Unit President Sirajum Munir, and attended by other guests Comilla Ciy Unit President Shahadat Hossain, South Zila President Shadat Hossain, Zila Secretary Jobaer Foysal, Nangalkot North President Belayet Hossain, Nangalkot South President Mohammad Ibrahim Hasan and other local leaders.
The Shibir President said that the time of fasting is a time for helping the society, and expressing solidarity and sympathy with the underprivileged. It is the nature of fasting that the rich and poor fast and pray together in peaceful coexistence. Ramadan is the perfect time to understand the hardships of the downtrodden and underprivileged people of the society. It gives people the impetus to rise above differences, help each other and work towards creating a discrimination free society
- Protest statement against the arrest of 11 leaders including Jamaat-e-Islami acting Amir and demand for their immediate release
- Strong condemnation and protest at arrest of 40 Shibir activists from Noakhali alongside arms haul drama
- Effective steps should be taken to teach Bangla language to the street-children and the under privileged people
- We have to take effective measures to prevent the distortion of Bangla language
- Oppressors should be uprooted through from inspiration of the Language Day spirit: Shibir Secretary General
- Statement against attack by BCL at Chittagong University and demand for the arrest of terrorists
- We have to make ourselves qualified to establish the Deen
- We have to raise ourselves to the highest standards of morality
- Education Minister should resign immediately: Shibir
- Question paper leaks part of deep conspiracy to destroy education system