Sacrifice is the main lesson in Ramadan
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that the month of Ramadan was not simply for a month for praying, but that it is also a strong tool for changing the society. The month of Ramadan wakes in us the spirit of caring for one another, which strengthens social bonds. Sacrifice is the main lesson of Ramadan.
He said this at an Iftar programme with orphans organised by Dhaka City East unit, where he was the chief guest. The program, presided over by unit president SM Mithu, was attended by special guests Central Literature Secretary Shah Mahfuzul Haque.
The Shibir President said, there are differences between the poor and the rich due to various reasons. This was not supposed to happen in a Muslim majority country. But such a deplorable sight is due to a lack of Islamic values in the society and the state, which need to be instated to gather a solution. The month of Ramadan is the best time to follow the teachings of Islam. Like every year, the month of Ramadan comes to us with the lessons of sacrifice through Rahmah, Barakah and Maghfirah. However, this spirit is lacking among the elite of the society, and this is not from the teachings of Ramadan. The main lesson of Ramadan is to sacrifice more and more for others, and this is the best opportunity for those who are able to stand beside the underprivileged.
He further said, it is not possible to gain success in this world and the hereafter through maintaining the class divide. The month of Ramadan allows all to feel the difficulties of the hungry people. But this opportunity is not being used, due to which the condition of the society is also not changing. Ramadan is a good opportunity to make this change.
He further said, the month of Ramadan is more valuable than any other month. So the month needs to be used for self development and the welfare of humanity. The occasion of Eid is near, and we urge all members and activists to stand beside helpless people and share with them the happiness and spirit of Eid
- Protest statement against the arrest of 11 leaders including Jamaat-e-Islami acting Amir and demand for their immediate release
- Statement of condolence at death of associate Farhad Hossain in road accident
- Chhatra Shibir congratulates win of Bangladesh cricket team against Sri Lankan Cricket team
- Strong condemnation and protest at arrest of 40 Shibir activists from Noakhali alongside arms haul drama
- The Muslim world must unite to stop genocide of civilians including women and children in Syria
- Effective steps should be taken to teach Bangla language to the street-children and the under privileged people
- We have to take effective measures to prevent the distortion of Bangla language
- Oppressors should be uprooted through from inspiration of the Language Day spirit: Shibir Secretary General
- Statement against attack by BCL at Chittagong University and demand for the arrest of terrorists
- We have to make ourselves qualified to establish the Deen