Demand to give official recognition to Hafez Tariqul Islam
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir congratulates Hafez Mohammad Toriqul Islam on his attainment of the first position in the 21st International Hifzul Quran Competition.
In a joint congratulatory statement, Chhatra Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain said that Hafez Mohammad Toriqul Islam had made Bangladesh proud. After achieving first position in several competitions in the country, he came first among the 103 contestants participating in the Dubai competition. Shaikh Ahmad Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, honoured Islam at a glittering ceremony at the Dubai Cultural and Scientific Association auditorium in Al Mamzar. We are extremely delighted at this achievement. We congratulate him, his respected guardians, teachers and all those who helped him achieve this prestigious award. At the same time, we pray and hope that he continues this winning streak to bring pride to the country and play an important role to honour and serve Islam.
The leadership, appealing to the government, said that such distinctions had been achieved earlier by the memorizers of the Qur’an, but they had not been honoured officially by the government. No achievement for the country is small, but the attitude of the government is unfortunate. We demand that Hafez Mohammad Toriqul Islam be officially honoured by the government. We hope that the government will finance his ambitions of pursuing a degree at the Islamic University of Madina and studying the Quran in the future. We hope that the government will facilitate and encourage such meritorious students more in the future.
The leadership prayed to Allah (SWT) for the continued success of Hafez Mohammad Toriqul Islam.
- Protest statement against the arrest of 11 leaders including Jamaat-e-Islami acting Amir and demand for their immediate release
- Strong condemnation and protest at arrest of 40 Shibir activists from Noakhali alongside arms haul drama
- Effective steps should be taken to teach Bangla language to the street-children and the under privileged people
- We have to take effective measures to prevent the distortion of Bangla language
- Oppressors should be uprooted through from inspiration of the Language Day spirit: Shibir Secretary General
- Statement against attack by BCL at Chittagong University and demand for the arrest of terrorists
- We have to make ourselves qualified to establish the Deen
- We have to raise ourselves to the highest standards of morality
- Education Minister should resign immediately: Shibir
- Question paper leaks part of deep conspiracy to destroy education system