Strong condemnation of repeated arrests, remand and false vases against Shibir leaders in Narail and Jessore
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has strongly condemned and protested two incidents against Shibir leaders – the arrest of ex-President of Narail Chhatra Shibir unit Khan Abdus Sobhan from the jail gate premises for a third time and involving him with a false arms case, and the unjust remand of three arrested Shibir leaders from Jessore.
In a joint protest statement by Shibir President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain, it was said that police had not stopped their inhuman practices even in the month of Ramadan. The ex-President of Narail Chhatra Shibir unit Khan Abdus Sobhan was arrested unjustly on 12th July 2015. After 16 months, when he was leaving jail after procuring legal release, he was arrested a second time, and sent back to jail on a false arms case. Despite being innocent, he was treated very inhumanely by the police, who arrested him on an arms case, despite it being impossible for him to have any arms, since he was jailed in the first place. This inhuman act by the police is simply a manifestation of the totalitarian system of injustice and oppression by the government on an innocent student leader.
On the other hand, on the 1st of June, police arrested Chhatra Shibir Jessore president Rafid Hasan, and Shibir activists Abul Kashem and Tariqul Islam unjustly from Jessore Benapole Port thana, and after keeping them in custody for 5 days, accused them falsely after an arms extraction drama, and sent them to court. Today they were further given 2 days in remand for torture, an unjust act considering that they were in police custody all this time before the arms extraction drama.
The leadership further said the police have failed in their duty through serving the interests of vested quarters. It has become a routine for the police to arrest innocent students and frame false charges against them. Such actions have made the police questionable in the eyes of the public, since they have become like party cadres, and even worse, something shameful for a civilized society. We ask that the innocent Shibir leaders be freed immediately and the false cases against them be withdrawn. We also ask the police to refrain from such unjust activities in the future.
- We have to raise ourselves to the highest standards of morality
- Education Minister should resign immediately: Shibir
- Question paper leaks part of deep conspiracy to destroy education system
- Speech of honourable Central President on occasion of anniversary
- Shibir condemned and protested against Khaleda Zia for five years in a false case
- Chhatra Shibir firmly resolved to fulfill the dreams of the people of the country
- 6th February '18 Shaheedi Caravan Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir's 41st founding anniversary
- Chhatra Shibir has become a symbol of hope for nation through constructive work
- The victory of Islam must be ensured by overcoming the conspiracies of the evil forces
- The Dawah of Islam should be given to every student with patience and courage