Statement expressing concern at arrest of three Shibir leaders in Jessore
Statement expressing concern at arrest of three Shibir leaders in Jessore and not bringing them to Court and demanding their immediate release
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has given a statement expressing grave concern after Chhatra Shibir Jessore unit President Rafid Hasan, Shibir activists Abul Kashem and Tariqul Islam, who were unjustly arrested four days earlier, and still haven’t being brought to court, and demanded their immediate release.
In a joint statement, chhatra Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain said that they were arrested on the 1st of June, at 8 am in the morning, from in front of Kagojpulur Dokkhinpara Primary school premises, Benapole port thana, by a team of police led by SI Jahir. Police confirmed their arrest when contacted immediately, and also confirmed the same to the families of the arrested. Despite this, they have not being taken to court even after 4 days have passed, and police have not given any valid reason also. We have gotten news from verifiable sources that they are being kept at Jessore DB headquarters. This continued arrest is a violation of their human rights and is unjust, and we are worried about any conspiracy behind this continued captivity by the police, because such action before has led to unlawful killing of students by the police.
The leadership said, the government has been spreading fear and terror instead of safety among the student community of the country through acts of arrests and abduction, which is totally inhuman. We strongly state that we will not accept any drama or any action that will cause any harm to our Shibir brothers. We ask that the whereabouts of the Shibir members be made known immediately by the administration, and that they be immediately released unconditionally. At the same time, we demand an immediate stop to the oppression and torture of leaders and activists throughout the country.
Assistant Publicity Secretary,
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra shibir
- The government and the wealthy will have to come forward to alleviate sufferings of cold-affected poor
- The Muslim world must be united to protect Jerusalem
- There is no alternative to the ideology of the Prophet (SAW) for establishing world peace
- Concerted efforts should be made to ease the sufferings of the victims
- November-2017 Monthly Human Rights Watch Report
- We are firmly committed to making the attained victory meaningful -Shibir president
- Destruction of future generations is being carried out through question paper leaks
- College university students are being forced towards waywardness in a planned manner
- Chhatra Shibir is working on making honest, efficient and patriotic leaders
- Protest against arrest of Akramul Hasan, general secretary of Chhatra Dal