Nation is falling behind every day due to lack of morality in meritorious citizens
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that our position is very bad if compared to the developed nations, even though all the ingredients of development are there in us. The nation is falling behind every day due to lack of morality in meritorious citizens.
He said this at a reception ceremony for SSC and Dakhil GPA 5 holders organised by Chhatra Shibir Dhaka City East, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by unit president Sohel Rana Mithu, and other guests included Dawah Affairs Secretary Shaheen Ahammed Khan.
The Shibir President said, we have all the resources needed to create a prosperous nation. In fact, many nations with lesser population and resources have gone further, but we are behind despite having the requisite natural, meritorious and human resources. The cry of the hungry people has still not faded away. Prices of food and essential items have risen up quite a lot, and this has affected middle and the lower classes among the people. In order to put the blame of the corruption and the public looting, the government has increased the prices of gas, and announced the increase of price of electricity. It is in these fearsome political, social and adverse economic conditions that the people reside. It is observable that among those who hold the people at ransom through these corrupt deeds and activities, most of them are meritorious. But meritorious without the morals. Although such deeds benefit some elites, the patriotic nation dislikes such deeds. The intellectuals of today need to take the responsibility to wipe off this hopelessness.
He further said, we are not hopeless even though the country has been gripped by corruption and misrule. We believe that the intellectually potential youth of today will not follow the path of the corrupt meritorious, but replace their legacy with moral conduct. Chhatra Shibir is working with diligence to build up citizens embedded with moral faculty and intellectual merit. Chhatra Shibir does not just work towards building able citizens, but creating successful citizens in this world and the hereafter. Chhatra Shibir will continue to work towards this until they can gift a prosperous country and society. We ask that the meritorious put their hands in ours to realize this dream.
- Joint statement expressing deep concern at arbitrary arrests by 12 student organizations
- Strong condemnation and protest of the false statement of the Chhatra League General Secretary against Chhatra Shibir
- Shibir Statement demanding trial of killers of students, resignation of Shipping minister and trial of attackers upon student protesters
- Strong condemnation and protest of Jugantor lie against Jamaat-Shibir
- Severe condemnation and protest of Sylhet police pointing and shooting at Shibir leader’s leg
- Strong condemnation and protest against terrorist BCL attack against Mahmudur Rahman, Amardesh acting editor
- People of the country have become hostage to the undemocratic behavior of the government
- Meritorious should fulfill lack of honest and patriotic citizens
- On July 13, one lakh trees to be planted simultaneously throughout country.
- Condemnation and protest against arrest of former Chittagong Shibir leader and conspiracy to involve with arms case