Nation is falling behind every day due to lack of morality in meritorious citizens
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that our position is very bad if compared to the developed nations, even though all the ingredients of development are there in us. The nation is falling behind every day due to lack of morality in meritorious citizens.
He said this at a reception ceremony for SSC and Dakhil GPA 5 holders organised by Chhatra Shibir Dhaka City East, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by unit president Sohel Rana Mithu, and other guests included Dawah Affairs Secretary Shaheen Ahammed Khan.
The Shibir President said, we have all the resources needed to create a prosperous nation. In fact, many nations with lesser population and resources have gone further, but we are behind despite having the requisite natural, meritorious and human resources. The cry of the hungry people has still not faded away. Prices of food and essential items have risen up quite a lot, and this has affected middle and the lower classes among the people. In order to put the blame of the corruption and the public looting, the government has increased the prices of gas, and announced the increase of price of electricity. It is in these fearsome political, social and adverse economic conditions that the people reside. It is observable that among those who hold the people at ransom through these corrupt deeds and activities, most of them are meritorious. But meritorious without the morals. Although such deeds benefit some elites, the patriotic nation dislikes such deeds. The intellectuals of today need to take the responsibility to wipe off this hopelessness.
He further said, we are not hopeless even though the country has been gripped by corruption and misrule. We believe that the intellectually potential youth of today will not follow the path of the corrupt meritorious, but replace their legacy with moral conduct. Chhatra Shibir is working with diligence to build up citizens embedded with moral faculty and intellectual merit. Chhatra Shibir does not just work towards building able citizens, but creating successful citizens in this world and the hereafter. Chhatra Shibir will continue to work towards this until they can gift a prosperous country and society. We ask that the meritorious put their hands in ours to realize this dream.
- Shibir mourns death of Shaheed Md. Aminul Islam's mother
- Chhatra Shibir strongly condemns and protests the arrest of former Rangpur City president and involving him with terrorism case
- If the Islamic education system is not established then it will not be possible to create ideal people - Shibir president
- Strong condemnation and protest of arrest of 5 leaders and activists from Chittagong and subsequent arms extraction drama
- The rights and safety of non-Muslim citizens have been ensured in the Islamic State - Shibir Secretary General
- Chhatra Shibir mourns death of Shibir leader Ibrahim Khalil in road accident
- Young students have awakened the conscience of the nation - Shibir president
- Strong condemnation and protest of the false statement of the Chhatra League General Secretary against Chhatra Shibir
- Accept the logical demands of the students immediately - Shibir President
- Shibir Statement demanding trial of killers of students, resignation of Shipping minister and trial of attackers upon student protesters