Nation is falling behind every day due to lack of morality in meritorious citizens
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that our position is very bad if compared to the developed nations, even though all the ingredients of development are there in us. The nation is falling behind every day due to lack of morality in meritorious citizens.
He said this at a reception ceremony for SSC and Dakhil GPA 5 holders organised by Chhatra Shibir Dhaka City East, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by unit president Sohel Rana Mithu, and other guests included Dawah Affairs Secretary Shaheen Ahammed Khan.
The Shibir President said, we have all the resources needed to create a prosperous nation. In fact, many nations with lesser population and resources have gone further, but we are behind despite having the requisite natural, meritorious and human resources. The cry of the hungry people has still not faded away. Prices of food and essential items have risen up quite a lot, and this has affected middle and the lower classes among the people. In order to put the blame of the corruption and the public looting, the government has increased the prices of gas, and announced the increase of price of electricity. It is in these fearsome political, social and adverse economic conditions that the people reside. It is observable that among those who hold the people at ransom through these corrupt deeds and activities, most of them are meritorious. But meritorious without the morals. Although such deeds benefit some elites, the patriotic nation dislikes such deeds. The intellectuals of today need to take the responsibility to wipe off this hopelessness.
He further said, we are not hopeless even though the country has been gripped by corruption and misrule. We believe that the intellectually potential youth of today will not follow the path of the corrupt meritorious, but replace their legacy with moral conduct. Chhatra Shibir is working with diligence to build up citizens embedded with moral faculty and intellectual merit. Chhatra Shibir does not just work towards building able citizens, but creating successful citizens in this world and the hereafter. Chhatra Shibir will continue to work towards this until they can gift a prosperous country and society. We ask that the meritorious put their hands in ours to realize this dream.
- Without the law of the Qur'an, it is not possible to establish the desired society
- Lesson of Ramadan must be implemented in formation of person and society
- Arrangement for protecting sanctity of fasting and fair measures for observing Ramadan must be taken
- The Muslim world must take effective steps to protect the rights of the Palestinians
- Condemnation of transfer of US embassy to Jerusalem and the killing of innocent Palestinians by Israel
- Success will be achieved in all aspects only after giving priority to the Hereafter
- Responsibilities in the field must be done with spirit of accountability
- Activity of evil forces need to be tackled by the ideals
- Aim of meritorious community should be the welfare of the nation
- Besides development of merit, ethics should be developed as well - the Secretary