There is no alternative to Quranic teaching in constructing orderly individual life and society
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, said that al-Quran was a great mystery of this world. The Quran had come down to this earth about 1500 years ago, as a direction for mankind. It was on the basis of this Quran that the Prophet built a just and brotherly golden society over at Madina. It was through Qur'anic education that people of a Jahili society were purified, and came together to form the greatest generation of their time. There is no alternative to Quranic teaching in constructing an orderly life and an orderly society.
He said these at a Quran distribution program amongst meritorious students at an auditorium in the capital city Dhaka, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by Dhaka City South President Mohammad Shafiul Alam, with special guests Central Literature Secretary Shah Muhammad Mahfuzul Haque.
The Shibir President said, the month of Ramadan is the month of the the revelation of the Quran, and it is a good opportunity to learn and understand the Quran. It is unfortunate that this is not the case in the world's second largest Muslim nation, the opposite is true - there are a lot of opportunities to carry out anti-Quranic activities. Many students and Islamic leaders had to sacrifice their lives for the sake of the Quran, and Allama Delwar Hossain Sayedee, the great scholar of the Quran, is still imprisoned for this reason. On the other hand, anti-Isamic activities are going on in full throttle, and incidents of the Quran being defamed happen regularly, which are not facing justice. A female statue had been installed in front of the Supreme Court and the Eid gathering premises, and after been removed at the instance of protests by the Isamic masses, has been re-installed in front of the Annex building of the Court premises, which is a depetion with the Muslim people of the country. Moreover, there are a lot of vile and tasteless statues throughout the country, including the capital Dhaka, in the name of architecture, which is against the interests of the people. We immediately demand the removal of all statues in the country. At the same time, we also demand the release of the Quranic scholar Allama Delwar hossain Sayedee and all Quran loving youth from prison.
He said to the gathered students, Quran is always modern and applicable for all situations. Therefore the study of the Quran should be implemented in all aspects of life. The solutions to the problems of life in all aspects can be only given by the Quran. When men lose their paths and fill their lives with bad deeds, only the Quran can then be the light of hope and help one to return to the roots. Thus I ask that all present try to apply the lessons of the Quran in a comprehensive manner in their lives.
It is mentionable that in light of the month of Ramadan, Chhatra Shibir has undertaken the initiative of Quran study and distribution, such that each activist or member will distribute a copy of the Quran and teach another person to read and understand the Quran.
- Without the law of the Qur'an, it is not possible to establish the desired society
- Lesson of Ramadan must be implemented in formation of person and society
- Arrangement for protecting sanctity of fasting and fair measures for observing Ramadan must be taken
- The Muslim world must take effective steps to protect the rights of the Palestinians
- Condemnation of transfer of US embassy to Jerusalem and the killing of innocent Palestinians by Israel
- Success will be achieved in all aspects only after giving priority to the Hereafter
- Responsibilities in the field must be done with spirit of accountability
- Activity of evil forces need to be tackled by the ideals
- Aim of meritorious community should be the welfare of the nation
- Besides development of merit, ethics should be developed as well - the Secretary