" Every act of the son of Adam is for him except fasting. It's for me and I will make up for that.
Advice of the month of Ramadan
Dear Brothers of the caravan of martyrdom,
May Peace and Blessings of the Almighty be upon you. The month of Ramadan is a magnificent gift by the Almighty towards the Muslims. The month has come to us with the message of blessing, mercy and forgiveness for hellfire. The Prophet (A.S.) called this month as ‘blessed month’. In this month, Allah (SWT) has created the opportunity for temporal development and after-worldly gain through the development of a taqwa bound life. The message which is inherent in ayah no. 183 from Sura al Baqara, is what enlightens and touches our heart. In the mentioned ayah, Allah (SWT) said, “O You who have attained to faith! Fasting is ordained for you as it was ordained for those before you, so that you might remain conscious of God.” Fasting, just like it ignites in us heartfelt feelings for the hungry downtrodden and the poor people, also gives us lessons in patience, sacrifice, dedication, consideration, brotherhood and compassion. It inspires us to build an oppression, hunger and poverty free moral society. Moreover, the spirit of the victory in the Battle of Badr fought in the 2nd Hijri inspires us to stand up against the anti-Islamic forces of our times.
Dear Brothers in faith,
The month of Ramadan is a perfect opportunity to develop our spirit of sacrifice. According to the plan by the central committee, the month of Ramadan has been identified as the month of the study of the Quran. We advise you to perform the following, in order to gain knowledge, build yourself and a moral society,
- To perform fasting with complete faith
- To perform salaat in congregation 5 times per day, along with tarawih and a lot of nafl ibadaat
- To read the Quran with meaning atleast one time this month
- To study the following ayaat with comprehensive understanding. Al Baqarah: 153-157, 183-186, 286, Al-Imran: 190-200, At-Taubah: 20-27, 38-42, 111, Al-Muminoon: 1-11, Al-Haaqqah: 19-29, Al-Yasin, Ar-Rahman, Al-Hujurat, As-Saff, and other thematic surahs.
- The following Hadith collection with meaning and understanding: On fasting: Muslim-2363, 2570, Bukhari-1761,1766, On the construction of Islamic society – Bukhari- 2601, 2607, Tirmidhi – 1568, 1586, 1604, On Taqwa: Riyadus Salihin – First part (Hadith no. 41, 69, 386-387, Salat, financial sacrifice and purdah), and other important ahadith.
- Every manpower should give Islamic dawah individually to atleast 5 students, and increase the number of supporters by 2.
- Publicly engage in the local mosque by discussing Quran, Hadith, and various masā’il before and after salaat.
- Performing itikaaf at the last 10 days of Ramadan in the hope of attaining Laylat-al-Qadr and performing extra prayers.
- Raising public opinion against all kinds of immorality and unsocial actions which are against the spirit of Islam.
- Aside from standing up against oppression and evil, we should focus on building ourselves to attain the pleasure of Allah (SWT)
- Be informed against oppression against Muslims throughout the world and raise your voice against malfeasant extremism in the name of Islam.
- Stand beside the poor and deprived people of the society.
The odour of the mourth of a fasting person is much beloved to Allah (SWT). And the door of Rayyan in Paradise is reserved for the fasting people. In this month, the Shaytan is chained, and the doors of Jannah are closed down and the doors of the Jahannam are closed. A nafl prayer in this month is the same as a fardh prayer in another month, and a fardh in this month is akin to seventy times a fardh in another month. “The face of a fasting person is moved away from the hellfire to the distance of seventy years for one day of fasting.” (Bukhari and Muslim) But have we ever wondered why the act of fasting is so exalted in status? Why is this month so great! The reason is only one, that of the revelation of the Quran in this month, which separates between truth and falsehood. This is the reason why Laylatul Qadr is more valuable than a thousand months in value. That is why, if we can internalise the values of the Quran in our personal lives, our status will be elevated a lot. So let our efforts and vision in Ramadan be towards the establishment of the rule of the Quran. It was for the establishment of the Quran that Rasulullah and the Sahabah were imprisoned in Shiab-e-Abi Talib , Amir Hamza, Khobayeb, Khabbab, and others were martyred. It is due to the following of their path that numerous Quran loving Muslims are being killed and martyred in various parts of the world. This is also the case in Bangladesh, where hundreds of men, women and children have lost their lives due to standing up for the establishment of the path of the Quran. Many members and activists of the Islamic movement have been harassed, tortured, and maimed, and later denied treatment and put to jail. Top leader of the Islamic movement, Shahid Maulana Matiur Nizami, alongside four other top leaders of the Islamic movement, have been hanged in jail; false cases are put against many others who still languish in jail. Moreover, hundreds of others have faced martyrdom, whether men, women, children or students of the Islamic movement. Those of us who remain and continue to work in this blood soaked ground of the martyrs, we must surely carry out sacrifice and elevate ourselves through sacrifice and attaining a high degree of taqwa. We should take oath to dedicate ourselves to the establishment of the Quranic society and be ready to break the net of all conspiracies against Islam. And we should practice the values of taqwa, patience and sacrifice in our personal lives, such that the conspiracies of the conspirators will be destroyed insha allah. According to the Quran, “If good touches you, it distresses them; but if harm strikes you, they rejoice at it. And if you are patient and fear Allah, their plot will not harm you at all. Indeed, Allah is encompassing of what they do.” (Al-Imran: 120)
Rasullullah (SAW) said, “The person who fasts during Ramadan with faith and self evaluation, Allah will forgive all his previous sins.” He further said, “The person who attained Ramadan, yet did not get his sins forgiven, for him is destruction.” (Bukhari and Muslim) Thus the month of Ramadan needs to be considered as a golden opportunity for reconstructing one’s life for the better.
So let us come forward to justly fast during Ramadan, study the Quran and Hadith, and observe numerous nafl prayers in order to gain the pleasure of Allah (SWT). At the same time, let us speed and strengthen our mission of constructing an Islamic society through building ourselves and the society in the light of the Quran. May Allah accept all our efforts. Ameen.
- Importance and need of World Literacy Day in developing illiterate-free society
- The student community will have to come forward to build an illiterate-free country
- World community needs to take quick measures to stop genocide against Muslims in Myanmar
- Government must take effective steps to bring back education environment in flood affected areas
- Genocide against Muslims in Myanmar should be stopped immediately
- Declare flood affected northern areas disaster zones to take emergency measures to prevent crisis
- Appeal to stand beside flood affected people
- Strong condemnation of IGP false remarks regarding Chhatrashibir
- Social degradation due to moral-less education system
- Chhatra League is giving inflammatory speech against Chhatra Shibir to hide its own mischief