There is no alternative to educational reform in creating desired citizens
Yasin Arafat, the Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir said that the country has not progressed well despite having the requisite intellectual manpower for progress. Even though the number of meritorious students has increased, the present education system has not been able to create the desired citizens needed for the country. The education system needs to be reformed to create the desired intellectuals.
He said this at a reception program for SSC and Dakhil students who attained GPA 5 at an auditorium in Feni organised by Feni City Shibir, where he was the chief guest. The program was presided over by Feni City President Abu Tayeb, and attended by students and leaders.
The Shibir President said, the luminous results attained every year is testimony to the fact that there is no dearth of intellect in the country, but unfortunately there is a lack of opportunity to avail this intellect in the country. Politics is being done with education. Although teachers, students and parents work hard towards developing the intellect and gaining good results, there are few opportunities to make use of this afterwards. In fact, many good GPA 5 attained students are unable to get admitted into a good institution. On the other hand, the issue of question leaks, controlled by government affiliated interests, have led to the education sector to stand on the brink of destruction. Issues such as widespread drugs use, tender looting, weapons, corruption, etc. by government student groups have led towards obstacles in the part of meritorious students. Therefore, the people are deprived from the correct use of intellect. Moreover, the faulty textbooks and their secular nature, alongside a faulty mode of examination, has prevented us from creating the desired leadership. There is no alternative to a complete overhaul of this education system.
He further said, if intellect doesn’t come to use of the nation, then it gets wasted, like in the present. If this continues, then the meritorious students get depressed, which has a big effect on the education sector, and impedes development. This is unacceptable, due to which the education system needs to be completely overhauled, and opportunities should be created. All obstacles in front of the meritorious students need to be removed.
He said to the meritorious students that a morality-less intellect cannot be of any use to the nation. A morally stable life cannot be established without the guidance of the Al-Quran. Chhatra Shibir is poised to build every meritorious student in to a morally responsible citizen, a role it has tried to carry out since its inception. Our efforts have not gone in vain, and the nation is witnessing some examples of that. It is because of following the Qur’an, and not any human-made teaching or ideology, that Shibir is free from corruption, terrorism, drugs and obscenity. We strongly want to say that Chhatra Shibir today is the nurturer of intellect. So we would like to ask the meritorious students to go forward with moral strength, leaving aside depression and hopelessness. Chhatra Shibir will always be beside meritorious students insha Allah.
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas
- The progress of the Islamic movement cannot be stopped through arrest and torture
- Statement mourning the death of Shibir leader Saiful Islam Shafi due to road accident
- The world community needs to come forward to face the Rohingya crisis
- Illegal government continues fascist behaviour even during the country's crisis