Strong protest and condemnation at false news by police and news media against Chhatra Shibir
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra shibir has strongly condemned and protested false news published against it by police and Bangla Tribune, online news portal BDnews, Azadi and other news agencies.
In a joint protest statement, Chhatra Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain said that police and news media like Bangla Tribune and BDnews are obsessed with regularly bringing forth false accusations against Chhatra Shibir whenever they get the chance to do so. Yesterday, police arrested seventeen people on the suspicion of involvement with terrorism. Quoting a police official, Bangla Tribune said that most of the arrested were ex leaders of Chhatra Shibir. On the other hand, BDnews quoted police as saying that Jamaat-Shibir activists were trying to get organised under the aegis of Ahle Hadith. Among them, one is alleged to be from Jamaat and three alleged to be from Shibir, all ex-leaders, claims which are contrary to each other, and completely fabricated. Here, police and the mass media, while spinning fabricated lies, have completely contradicted each other, making a mess in the process, even though it is their habit and aim to make fabricated stories involving Chhatra Shibir. This habit is nothing but meaningless unstable talk. Chhatra Shibir is known to the student community in the country as an orderly organisation, whose activities are open and well known in every educational institution in the country. Therefore, the claim that Chhatra Shibir would try to organise itself under the name of other organisations is absurd and baseless. Such absurd claims by police before proper investigation is indicative of highly irresponsible behaviour. On the other hand, no media saw it fit to take the opinion of any official of Chhatra Shibir regarding the allegations. It is clear from this that there is a clear agenda behind this, and that it has been carried out in a planned manner based on clear orders from above to involve Jamaat-shibir in the matter. The incident has clearly exposed the party biased and divisive approach of the police, and media like BD news and Bangla Tribune.
The leaders said that the act of spreading negative propaganda while wearing the uniform of law and the garb of journalism is nothing but deception of the worst order. Chhatra Shibir is not the name of a lost cause, but the name of a shining bright camp in every location it is rooted in. Chhatra Shibir is going forward with its own identity and work plan, and will continue to do so. Therefore, any deception by party police or wayward journalism will not be able to deceive the general public, or even hamper the journey of Chhatra Shibir. We hope that in the future, the police will give respect to their own position, and the mass media will show responsibility in publishing correct and reliable news.
- Demand for immediate implementation of Qawmi Madrassah official recognition and removal of Idol from Supreme Court premises
- Government is facilitating cultural aggression in the name of Mongol Shovajatra
- Strong protest and condemnation of unjust arrest of 7 Shibir activists in Sylhet and fabricated statement by police
- Sudden move of appeal hearing in Allama Sayedee case is motivated- Chhatra Shibir
- Country was not liberated to serve any hegemonic power
- Strong condemnation and protest of brutal police killing of Chhatra Dal leader Nurul Alam Nuru
- Statement by Chhatra Shibir demanding justice for student leader Sharifuzzaman Nomani; killers should be brought to justice
- The martyrs of 11 March are the source of inspiration for the Islamic movement
- Only Islamic principles can save the youth generation from destruction
- Deep concern over police denial following arrest of five Shibir leaders