Strong protest and condemnation at false news by police and news media against Chhatra Shibir
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra shibir has strongly condemned and protested false news published against it by police and Bangla Tribune, online news portal BDnews, Azadi and other news agencies.
In a joint protest statement, Chhatra Shibir Central President Yasin Arafat and Secretary General Mobarak Hossain said that police and news media like Bangla Tribune and BDnews are obsessed with regularly bringing forth false accusations against Chhatra Shibir whenever they get the chance to do so. Yesterday, police arrested seventeen people on the suspicion of involvement with terrorism. Quoting a police official, Bangla Tribune said that most of the arrested were ex leaders of Chhatra Shibir. On the other hand, BDnews quoted police as saying that Jamaat-Shibir activists were trying to get organised under the aegis of Ahle Hadith. Among them, one is alleged to be from Jamaat and three alleged to be from Shibir, all ex-leaders, claims which are contrary to each other, and completely fabricated. Here, police and the mass media, while spinning fabricated lies, have completely contradicted each other, making a mess in the process, even though it is their habit and aim to make fabricated stories involving Chhatra Shibir. This habit is nothing but meaningless unstable talk. Chhatra Shibir is known to the student community in the country as an orderly organisation, whose activities are open and well known in every educational institution in the country. Therefore, the claim that Chhatra Shibir would try to organise itself under the name of other organisations is absurd and baseless. Such absurd claims by police before proper investigation is indicative of highly irresponsible behaviour. On the other hand, no media saw it fit to take the opinion of any official of Chhatra Shibir regarding the allegations. It is clear from this that there is a clear agenda behind this, and that it has been carried out in a planned manner based on clear orders from above to involve Jamaat-shibir in the matter. The incident has clearly exposed the party biased and divisive approach of the police, and media like BD news and Bangla Tribune.
The leaders said that the act of spreading negative propaganda while wearing the uniform of law and the garb of journalism is nothing but deception of the worst order. Chhatra Shibir is not the name of a lost cause, but the name of a shining bright camp in every location it is rooted in. Chhatra Shibir is going forward with its own identity and work plan, and will continue to do so. Therefore, any deception by party police or wayward journalism will not be able to deceive the general public, or even hamper the journey of Chhatra Shibir. We hope that in the future, the police will give respect to their own position, and the mass media will show responsibility in publishing correct and reliable news.
- General students are held hostage to the BCL terrorists across the country
- The blood of the martyrs of 28th October will not go in vain
- The government is trying to destroy the educational system through examination question leaks
- The government is blind in its desire for power, is destroying one constitutional institution after the other
- Protest against arrest of top 9 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Amir and Secretary General
- Strong condemnation and protest of the arrest of 6 Shibir activists from Rajshahi
- Monthly human rights monitoring report September-2017
- Government is spoiling education environment by ignoring the fair demands of college students
- Creative publications to develop a healthy culture will raise the hopes of the people
- Effective measures must be taken to revive the education environment in the flood affected areas