Stop genocide against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has strongly condemned and protested the genocide against Rohingya Muslims by the Myanmar army and nationalist extremists and has called for countrywide mass demonstrations throughout Bangladesh on 21.11.16 Monday to protest the issue.
In a joint statement, Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir Central President Atiqur Rahman and Secretary General Yasin Arafat said, there is no language to express our condemnation of the ongoing genocide against innocent Rohingya Muslims by the Myanmar army and nationalist extremists. Nobody with the least vestiges of civilized humanity can perpetrate such instances of indiscriminate killing of innocent people. In the meantime, the Myanmar army has officially acknowledged the responsibility of killing 69 people. But unofficial figures of killed people are much higher and among them are many women and children. This is a completely planned genocide and a gross violation of human rights. The government has been conducting oppression upon Rohingyas for the past three decades. As victims of this state oppression, hundreds of thousands of Rohingyas now live miserable lives. The world is shocked and angered that such planned genocide is occurring at a time when a Nobel Peace prize winner is at the helm of affairs in the country.
The leadership further said, in the meantime gruesome pictures and images of the indiscriminate mass killings have been spreading all over the internet and a storm of protests against these killings have broken out worldwide. Despite this, the United Nations have not taken any meaningful steps to demand an end to genocide and ensure the rights of the oppressed and persecuted peoples. At the same time, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has not come forward to address the issue as well. Such lack of responses is akin to a silent approval of the genocide against the Rohingya Muslims. Most importantly, the inaction of the Muslim world in this regard is deeply shameful and inhuman.
We immediately demand an end to the genocide against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar and ask the Myanmar government to return back their human and citizen rights. At the same time, we demand the United Nations and the world leaders to take meaningful steps to end this barbaric genocide. And most importantly, the Muslim world should immediately take effective steps to save and protect the Muslims in Myanmar.
Declaration of mass agitation programme:
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has declared countrywide mass demonstrations throughout Bangladesh on 21.11.16 Monday in protest of Myanmar government perpetrated genocide and oppression against Rohingya Muslims.
During declaration of the programme, the leadership said that the Myanmar army had been indiscriminately killing innocent Muslims without any precedent. No Muslim can accept this genocide. It is a demand of our faith and duty as human beings to stand beside the oppressed and wronged Rohingya Muslims. From that sense of responsibility, we have declared mass agitation programme next Monday. We expect that our peaceful programme will be attended and supported by not just our supporter and leaders, but the wider student community as well, in order to show support for our fellow Muslims and victims of genocide.
- There is no alternative to moral education in preventing youth degeneration
- There is no alternative to educational reform in creating desired citizens
- Whole country will rise up in protest against any conspiracy against Allama Sayedee – Shibir President
- Government wants to kill Allama Sayedee because he wanted to propagate the Qur’anic message to every door
- Nation today is deprived due to lack of harmony in merit and morals
- Meritorious students need to be honest, capable and patriotic citizens
- Demand for immediate implementation of Qawmi Madrassah official recognition and removal of Idol from Supreme Court premises
- Government is facilitating cultural aggression in the name of Mongol Shovajatra
- Strong protest and condemnation of unjust arrest of 7 Shibir activists in Sylhet and fabricated statement by police
- Sudden move of appeal hearing in Allama Sayedee case is motivated- Chhatra Shibir