Martyrs are the lighthouse of the Islamic movement- Shibir President
Central President of Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir, Md. Sirajul Islam, said that the Chhatra Shibir had been under attack by the forces of falsehood right from the beginning of its journey. On that day the green spaces of Rajshahi University turned red with the blood of Shibir activists through the murder-dependent politics of the evil student organizations. That brutality of the savages continues to this day. But Chhatra Shibir did not stop even for a moment. Rather, we are determined to fulfill the dream of martyrs. The martyrs of March 11 are the source of inspiration for the Islamic movement, and the lighthouse of motivation.
He said this during a discussion on the occasion of Martyr day at the initiative of Chhatra Shibir Rajshahi University branch at an auditorium in Rajshahi. Former Central President and Assistant Secretary General of Jamaat-e-Islami Mawlana Rafiqul Islam Khan was present as the chief guest on the occasion. The discussion was chaired by Branch President Nabil Ahmed and conducted by Secretary Salman Farsi. Also present were Maulana Iqbal Hossain, Secretary General of Pabna District Jamaat, Central Publicity Secretary Manjurul Islam, Central HRD Secretary Hafez Ghulam Rabbani and leaders from various levels.
The Shibir president said that March 11, 1982 is a day of extreme barbarity on one hand, and of huge patience on the other. On that day, Chhatra Shibir had organized a reception for the new students of Rajshahi University. But Islam-hating organizations, including Chhatra Union, Chhatra League and Chhatra Moitra, made a conspiracy blueprint to block the progress of the Chhatra Shibir. They resorted to killing when they failed in their plans. They attacked Shibir workers by bringing in out of campus terrorists. Many students and Shibir activists were injured. Shaheed Sabbir and Shaheed Abdul Hameed attained martyrdom in these terrorist attacks. Shaheed Ayub Ali joined them in martyrdom the next day. After 10 months of suffering, Shaheed Abdul Jabbar passed away a martyr on the 28th of December. On that day, the fearless leaders of Shibir created an unprecedented history with their highest courage and patience. The leaders gave their lives but did not turn away from the conviction of preaching and establishment of the flag of the Kalima.
He said this brutality had been pre-planned. On that day, the faorces of falsehood thought that the Chhatra Shibir could be wiped out by their awful deeds. But the ideals established by shedding of blood cannot be suppressed, but only make the foundation of the movement much stronger. The best example of this is the Chhatra Shibir's position today by the grace of Allah. So far 234 leaders and workers have been martyred. The persecution is still ongoing. But the Chhatra Shibir leaders have not backed down from their goals and neither will do so insha allah. Chhatra Shibir activists consider enduring such atrocities an integral part of the Islamic movement. Those who were killed by the forces of falsehood in order to suppress the Islamic Movement have themselves become the source of motivation for the workers of the Islamic Movement today. We firmly believe that this path of motivation will one day create a rich golden society in this land.
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of eminent journalist Mr. Abdus Shahid
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of Professor Dr. Emajuddin Ahmed
- Strong protest and condemnation of publication of fabricated news involving Chhatrashibir by Prothom Alo, Bangladesh Pratidin and several media outlets
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of father of Shaheed Md. Yahya
- Chhatrashibir congratulates the newly elected leaders of Bangladesh Khelafat Chhatra Majlis
- Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir has expressed deep grief over the shocking death of 30 people in the sinking of a passenger launch service at Buriganga in the capital
- Chhatra Shibir statement demanding postponement of upcoming HSC and equivalent examinations
- Condemnation and protest of publication of false and fabricated reports by Jamuna Television, Shomoy TV and some media claiming Chhatra Shibir involvement in connection with the murder of Chhatra League leader
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Maulana Abdus Sobhan
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of Shaikhul Hadith Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah