Condemnation and protest of publication of false and fabricated reports by Jamuna Television, Shomoy TV and some media claiming Chhatra Shibir involvement in connection with the murder of Chhatra League leader
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has strongly condemned the false and baseless reports in some media, including private television channels Jamuna Television and Shomoy TV claiming 'Chhatra Shibir attack on BCL in Begumganj, BCL activist killed'.
In a joint protest message, the Central President of Chhatra Shibir Md. Sirajul Islam and Secretary-General Salahuddin Ayubi said Jamuna Television and Shomoy TV have again made a mark of shameless irresponsibility in journalism. The report capitalized on the incident and hurriedly included the name of Chhatra Shibir without any evidence or verification. Not even the name of one Shibir activist was mentioned in the report. In fact, the attack was a result of the internal infighting between local Awami League-BCL activists. In connection with the attack, Md. Shobuj, the Juboleague president of ward no 5 of no. 1 Amanullahpur union posted the video of the infighting clashes on social media and blamed the Chairman Arifur Rahman Arif, the president of the local Awami League unit for the attack. The video has already gone viral and this video is in our collection. This information is not supposed to be unknown to the local representatives of Jamuna or Shomoy TV. Yet, with full vengeful attitude, they have fabricated false reports in connection with the incident. How irresponsible can one be to make such lowly propaganda. Chhatra Shibir has nothing to do with this incident. The report was purposely published on the basis of complete lies.
The leaders said that when any misconduct of the Awami League and their allies is revealed to the countrymen, such media begin to cover up the misconduct. The biased behavior of these media is also largely responsible for the continued brutality of the AL terrorists. Such irresponsible activities do not in any way represent healthy journalism. Covering up wrongdoing means encouraging another wrongdoing. Unfortunately, the nation is seeing such inhuman and irresponsible journalism from some media like Shomoy TV and Jamuna Television, which is by no means desirable.
The leaders urged the concerned reporters and the media to immediately withdraw the fabricated report about Chhatra Shibir, publish the protest statement on time and refrain from publishing such false and baseless reports in the future.
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of eminent journalist Mr. Abdus Shahid
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of Professor Dr. Emajuddin Ahmed
- Strong protest and condemnation of publication of fabricated news involving Chhatrashibir by Prothom Alo, Bangladesh Pratidin and several media outlets
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of father of Shaheed Md. Yahya
- Chhatrashibir congratulates the newly elected leaders of Bangladesh Khelafat Chhatra Majlis
- Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir has expressed deep grief over the shocking death of 30 people in the sinking of a passenger launch service at Buriganga in the capital
- Chhatra Shibir statement demanding postponement of upcoming HSC and equivalent examinations
- Martyrs are the lighthouse of the Islamic movement- Shibir President
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Maulana Abdus Sobhan
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of Shaikhul Hadith Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah