Chhatra Shibir strongly condemns and protests comments by former Chhatra League leader and some media outlets referring to the meeting of Shibir leaders with mayor candidate Ishraq
Chhatra Shibir strongly condemns and protests falsehoods and comments by former Chhatra League Secretary General Siddiqui Nazmul Alam and some media outlets referring to meeting of Shibir leaders with BNP nominee Ishraq Hossain in the upcoming Dhaka City South election,
In a joint protest message, Central President of the Chhatra Shibir, Md. Sirajul Islam and Secretary General Salahuddin Ayubi said that Siddiqui Nazmul Alam, a former general secretary of the BCL, had made a foolish Facebook post to hide the undemocratic rule of the Awami League regarding the upcoming mayoral election. He propagated the lies and fabrications of a questionable online newspaper. The news claimed that Chhatra Shibir President Md Sirajul Islam, Secretary General Salauddin Ayubi, and others met with BNP-nominated mayor, Ishraq Hossain at a Community Center in Dhaka, introduced him as a supporter and celebrated the claim. He copied this statement onto his social media; it is completely fabricated and ill-intentioned. We challenge this statement, and say that the meeting with the leaders of Chhatra Shibir with Israq Hossain never happened, and far from it they have never met each other. Moreover, this news is not from Siddiqui Nazmul Alam himself, but copy-pasted from an obscure online portal called 'Bangla News Bank' onto his Facebook account. This was then published in various media including Jugantar. It is a pity that a responsible news outlet like Jugantar would unverifiably promote such irresponsible news. The main task of the said obscure online portal is to hide the undemocratic behavior of the illegal government and mislead people by publishing unbalanced obscure reports against opponents of the government, which it has done before as well. Siddiqui Nazmul Alam also has a reputation for making derogatory and contentious remarks. The report and Siddiqui's comment have revealed two imbalances. None of them have any absolute relation whatever to reality.
The leaders said that people were alert and aware. It is foolish to think that the people will accept such outlandish statements about Shibir. The bizarre comments of the former Chhatra League General Secretary published in Jugantar has been rejected by the people with disgust, as evidenced by numerous comments regarding the news. We urge Siddiqui Nazmul Alam to withdraw his copied statement, to refrain from making such outlandish statements and copying from such biased media in the future.
Assistant Publicity Secretary
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Maulana Abdus Sobhan
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Shaikhul Hadith Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah
- Strong path walking must be continued to meet the expectations of the nation - Jamaat Ameer
- Chhatra Shibir's statement on protest against rape of DU student and immediate arrest and exemplary punishment of those involved
- Setup of Chhatra Shibir for 2020 session has been completed
- Chhatra Shibir mourns death of father of Shibir Chittagong district North
- Shibir condemns the wrongful arrest of 27 Shibir activists from Quran class at Brahmanbaria
- Chhatra Shibir announces the month-long program on the occasion of 16th December Great Victory Day
- despite numerous obstacles, and as a result has become the preferred destination of meritorious students, and the symbol of hope for the patriotic and Islam loving students of this country
- Chhatra Shibir's statement calling for relief assistance for cyclone victims