Shibir condemns the wrongful arrest of 27 Shibir activists from Quran class at Brahmanbaria
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has strongly condemned the arrest of 20 activists from a Quran class in Brahmanbaria alongside the fabricated statements concerning them by the police.
Chhatra Shibir central president Mubarak Hossain and Secretary-General Sirajul Islam said in a joint protest message that after failing to face Shibir ideologically, the government had chosen the path of oppression and conspiracy by using state power to oppress Shibir. Police have arrested 20 activists unjustly from a mosque in Brahmanbaria's Bhadughor today without any reason. Following the wrongful arrest, the police have spread the usual 'jihadi book' story to sanction their ill-intentioned act. Like the unfair arrests,the statements were fully planned and arranged as well. The Qur'an class was part of the regular program of Shibir and the police obtained nothing illegal from there. Nevertheless, Islamic books and books on Quran-hadith from recognized publications of the country have been seized and made into jihadist books. Basically, the police have done this immoral and irresponsible behavior to undermine the image of Shibir and to destroy the future of some talented students. This irresponsible behavior of the police towards innocent meritorious students is unacceptable. The irresponsible behavior of the police towards a Quran class program in a Muslim country is a matter of great shame and disappointment for the nation. We strongly condemn this heinous incident.
The leaders said that many times in the past, the police have arrested various innocent Shibir activists and staged various plays including jihadi book plays, which has been proven false over time and for which the police have received public condemnation. But police have not yet been able to come out of such staged dramas. Thousands of student lives today are threatened by these unacceptable inhumane irresponsible acts by the police. We want to make it clear that Chhatra Shibir is an idealistic organization which believes in following a peaceful path. In this vengeful reaction by the police, the education life of many talented a student is in ruins. We demand the immediate termination of such illegal activity.
The leaders urged the administration to refrain from such unfair arrests and arranged dramas in the future and release the arrested Shibir leaders.
Assistant Publicity Secretary
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Maulana Abdus Sobhan
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Shaikhul Hadith Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah
- Strong path walking must be continued to meet the expectations of the nation - Jamaat Ameer
- Chhatra Shibir's statement on protest against rape of DU student and immediate arrest and exemplary punishment of those involved
- Chhatra Shibir strongly condemns and protests comments by former Chhatra League leader and some media outlets referring to the meeting of Shibir leaders with mayor candidate Ishraq
- Setup of Chhatra Shibir for 2020 session has been completed
- Chhatra Shibir mourns death of father of Shibir Chittagong district North President Md. Masihuddoula.
- Chhatra Shibir announces the month-long program on the occasion of 16th December Great Victory Day
- Despite numerous obstacles, and as a result has become the preferred destination of meritorious students, and the symbol of hope for the patriotic and Islam loving students of this country
- Chhatra Shibir's statement calling for relief assistance for cyclone victims