Chhatra Shibir's statement calling for relief assistance for cyclone victims
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has issued a statement calling for helping victims of the cyclone 'Bulbul' in various places in Bangladesh including Khulna, Satkhira, and Barisal.
In a joint statement, the Central President of Chhatra Shibir Dr. Mobarak Hossain and Secretary-General Sirajul Islam said the cyclone Bulbul has caused widespread destruction and damage in various parts of the country. So far 8 deaths have been reported across the country. Many are injured.
In Barisal, 3050 houses were damaged in 10 upazilas. Moreover, 1 lakh hectares of Aman paddy, 6000 hectares of Rabi crops, 1 lakh trees, 120 km of unpaved roads and 22 km of dams were damaged. Likewise, areas in Khulna, Satkhira and other places have suffered widespread damage. Numerous schools, colleges and madrassas have been affected. Crop lands and ponds have been submerged and extensively damaged. Communication systems have broken down. Lakhs of people are living desperate lives. Despite the pleas for help, the government has not taken any effective measures of relief for the victims till now.
The leaders appealed to the government and the public, saying that the government and the wealthy needed to come forward immediately to provide adequate relief for the victims in order to help them overcome the crisis. It is important to provide proper treatment for the injured. Special programs need to be taken and implemented quickly to repair and rehabilitate and rebuild the homes, roads, educational institutions of the affected people and areas. Of everyone came forward together, the disadvantaged conditions of the affected people could quickly be resolved.
The leaders especially called on the manpower of the surrounding areas to stand directly with the affected people. They said that every one of our activists should stand beside the people with compassion. The student society should be encouraged to assist the affected people as well. Special programs could be taken where necessary to help those in need. We believe that with the help of everyone from their individual position, it will be possible to ease the suffering of the affected people within a short time.
The leaders urged everyone, including the government, the wealthy and the activists and leaders of the organisation to stand by the victims of the cyclone. The leaders also prayed to Allah to ease the suffering of the people affected by the disaster and urged everyone for their prayers.
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of eminent journalist Mr. Abdus Shahid
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of Professor Dr. Emajuddin Ahmed
- Strong protest and condemnation of publication of fabricated news involving Chhatrashibir by Prothom Alo, Bangladesh Pratidin and several media outlets
- Chhatrashibir mourns death of father of Shaheed Md. Yahya
- Chhatrashibir congratulates the newly elected leaders of Bangladesh Khelafat Chhatra Majlis
- Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir has expressed deep grief over the shocking death of 30 people in the sinking of a passenger launch service at Buriganga in the capital
- Chhatra Shibir statement demanding postponement of upcoming HSC and equivalent examinations
- Martyrs are the lighthouse of the Islamic movement- Shibir President
- Condemnation and protest of publication of false and fabricated reports by Jamuna Television, Shomoy TV and some media claiming Chhatra Shibir involvement in connection with the murder of Chhatra League leader
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Maulana Abdus Sobhan