Statement of Condolence
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has expressed deep grief over the loss of 15 lives, including 5 women, injury of more than 50, and extensive damage to life and property in the collision of two trains at Brahmanbaria.
In a joint condolence message, Chhatra Shibir Central President Dr. Mubarak Hossain and Secretary-General Sirajul Islam said at least fifteen people had been killed in the collision of the Turna Nishitha and Udayan Express at Mandabag railway station in Kasba Upazila of Brahmanbaria. In addition, more than 50 were reported to be injured. More casualties are being feared in the accident. We are deeply saddened by this tragic accident and the whole nation is in shock and grief today. We urge the government to take effective steps to prevent such rail road accidents, including providing medical care to the injured and providing appropriate compensation to the families of the victims. At the same time, we urge people of all walks of life to come forward to help the accident victims. We hope that the railway authorities will take more precautionary measures to prevent such accidents from happening in the future.
We pray for the forgiveness of the souls of the deceased in the train accident and extend our deepest condolences to the bereaved family members.
Assistant Publicity Secretary
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir
- Chhatra Shibir mourns the death of Shaikhul Hadith Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah
- Strong path walking must be continued to meet the expectations of the nation - Jamaat Ameer
- Chhatra Shibir's statement on protest against rape of DU student and immediate arrest and exemplary punishment of those involved
- Chhatra Shibir strongly condemns and protests comments by former Chhatra League leader and some media outlets referring to the meeting of Shibir leaders with mayor candidate Ishraq
- Setup of Chhatra Shibir for 2020 session has been completed
- Chhatra Shibir mourns death of father of Shibir Chittagong district North
- Shibir condemns the wrongful arrest of 27 Shibir activists from Quran class at Brahmanbaria
- Chhatra Shibir announces the month-long program on the occasion of 16th December Great Victory Day
- despite numerous obstacles, and as a result has become the preferred destination of meritorious students, and the symbol of hope for the patriotic and Islam loving students of this country
- Chhatra Shibir's statement calling for relief assistance for cyclone victims