Statement of Condolence
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir has expressed deep grief over the loss of 15 lives, including 5 women, injury of more than 50, and extensive damage to life and property in the collision of two trains at Brahmanbaria.
In a joint condolence message, Chhatra Shibir Central President Dr. Mubarak Hossain and Secretary-General Sirajul Islam said at least fifteen people had been killed in the collision of the Turna Nishitha and Udayan Express at Mandabag railway station in Kasba Upazila of Brahmanbaria. In addition, more than 50 were reported to be injured. More casualties are being feared in the accident. We are deeply saddened by this tragic accident and the whole nation is in shock and grief today. We urge the government to take effective steps to prevent such rail road accidents, including providing medical care to the injured and providing appropriate compensation to the families of the victims. At the same time, we urge people of all walks of life to come forward to help the accident victims. We hope that the railway authorities will take more precautionary measures to prevent such accidents from happening in the future.
We pray for the forgiveness of the souls of the deceased in the train accident and extend our deepest condolences to the bereaved family members.
Assistant Publicity Secretary
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir
- Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir has expressed deep grief over the demise of eminent journalist Mr. Abdus Shahid
- Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir expressed deep grief over the death of Dilruba Begum, wife of Alamgir Mohiuddin, editor of daily Naya Diganta.
- Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir has expressed deep grief over the death of former Vice Chancellor of Dhaka University, eminent political scientist, political analyst, and prominent intellectual Professor Dr. Emajuddin Ahmed
- Strong protest and condemnation of publication of fabricated news involving Chhatrashibir by Prothom Alo, Bangladesh Pratidin and several media outlets
- Chhatrashibir mourns the death of father of Shaheed Md. Yahya
- Chhatrashibir congratulates the newly elected leaders of Bangladesh Khelafat Chhatra Majlis
- Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir has expressed deep grief over the shocking death of 30 people in the sinking of a passenger launch service at Buriganga in the capital
- Chhatra Shibir statement demanding postponement of upcoming HSC and equivalent examinations
- Martyrs are the lighthouse of the Islamic movement- Shibir President
- Condemnation and protest of publication of false and fabricated reports by Jamuna Television, Shomoy TV and some media claiming Chhatra Shibir involvement in connection with the murder of Chhatra League leader